The Semien Mountains National Park; Established in 1969 and made a UNESCO world heritage site nine years later, the 220kmsq Semein Mountains National park protects the western part of the eponymous mountain range, serious of incised plateau characterized by sheer 1,000 m -high cliffs and rugged pinnacles and buttresses. the range includes at least a dozens peaks that top the 4,000 m mark, among them the 4620 m Ras Dashen, which is 100 km north of Gondar and best assessed from the small to of Debark, the park is best known for stupendous scenery lauded Rosita forbes as ' the most marvelous of all Abyssinian landscapes', but it is also the most important stronghold for the endemic Gelada Baboon, Walia Ibex and Abyssiinian wolf, as well as hosting one the World's densest populations of the spectacular bearded vulture (lammergeyer0, which is frequently seen at close range at the comp sites.
Semien Mountains Trekking
6N | 7D
- Day 1: Arrival and city tour of Addis Ababa. Overnight hotel.
- Day 2: Fly to Gondar and directly drive to sankaber. Overnight Camping
- Day 3: Trek from sankaber to Geech. Overnight Camping
- Day 4: Trek from Geech to Chenek. Overnight Camping
- Day 5: Excursion drive to Buhait. Overnight Lodge
- Day 6: Drive back to Gondar and city tour of Gondar. Overnight Hotel
- Day 7: Fly back to Addis for shopping and SPA. In the evening departure.