Journey to the Denakil depression. Discover this amazing geology paradise gone-wild as you stand in awe at its flaming volcanoes, burning magma lakes, mineral deposits, and acid pools. Volcanic activity heats spring water, bringing sulfur and iron to the surface leaving behind yellow, green, and orange deposits. For centuries, locals have been trekking in with camel caravans to mine the salt by hand, and in recent years, a few have been guiding tourists into the alien-looking landscape.
Ertale and Denakil Depression
4N | 5D
- Day 1: Arrival and city tour of Addis Ababa. Overnight hotel.
- Day 2: Fly to Mekele and directly drive to Ertale active volcano. Overnight Camping
- Day 3: Drive from Ertale to Ahmedela. Overnight Camping
- Day 4: Morning visit of Denakil Depression and drive back to Mekele. Overnight Hotel
- Day 5: Fly back to Addis and departure. End of the tour.