The Lower Valley of Omo is located in South-western Ethiopia. The age old sedimentary deposits in the Loower Omo Valley are now world renowned for the discovery of many hominid fossils, that have been of fundamental importance in the study of human evolution. Ancient tools and hominid fossils dating back 2.4 million years ago have been discovered there. the area is also home to a huge cultural diversity of people. The Lower Valley of Omo is one of the unique places n the world in that so many various cultures inhavit such a relatively small piece of land.
South Ethiopia Tours
- Day 1: Arrival at airport and transfer to hotel. Overnight hotel.
- Day 2: Drive to Arbaminch ( En route you will visit Dorze Village). Overnight Hotel.
- Day 3 : Drive from Arbaminch to Jinka. En route you will visit Tribal market at Key. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 4 : Excursion drive to Mursi tribe. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 5 : Drive to Turmi. En route you will visit Benna tribe at Dimeka Market. Overnight Lodge
- Day 6: Excursion drive to Karo tribe and Kangaton. Overnight Lodge.
- Day 7: Full Day visit of Hammar village. Overnight Lodge
- Day 8: Drive from Turmi to Arbaminch. En route visit Erbore and Konso tribe. Overnight Lodge
- Day 9: Drive from Arbaminch to Yirgalem. Overnight hotel
- Day 10: After early breakfast visit some coffee farms then drive to Awassa. Overnight hotel
- Day 11: Morning visit local fish market then drive to Bale Mountains. Overnight hotel
- Day 12: Excursion drive to Senete Plateau to see Ethiopian wolf. Overnight Hotel
- Day 12. Morning visit Bale mountain National Park for Endemic wild animals. Then, drive to Langano. Overnight Hotel
- Day 13: After early breakfast drive from Langano to Debrezeit for Day spa and leisure. Overnight Hotel
- Day 14: Morning drive to Addis for shopping and city tour. In the evening transfer to the airport and departure. End of the tour.