Ethiopia is Old - Old beyond all your imaginations. The Axumite kinkingdom was one of the great civilizations of ancient world and has left behind the mystery of giant Stalae found at Axum. In the late Middle ages great religious civilization flourished in many parts of the country particularly at Lalibela where churches hewn out of massive monolithic rock testify not only to great faith but also great architectural skills. The walled city of Harar (Jugol) in Ethiopia is the 4th holiest city of Islam next to Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem. The 17th century castles found in Gondar speak of the same legacy. Also, Ahmed Nejash Mosque which is found in Tigray region of Ethiopia makes the country the first in Africa in pursuance of its foundation.
North Historic Route
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to hotel. Overnight Hotel
- Day 2: Fly from Addis Ababa to Bahirdar. Visit Lake Tana monasteries and Blue Nile Falls. Overnight Hotel
- Day 3: Drive from Bahirdar to Gondar. Half day visit of Gondarian Castle and Debrebirhan Sillasie church. Overnight Hotel
- Day 4: Fly from Gondar to Lalibela. Visit first group of King Lalibela's Rock churches. Overnight Hotel
- Day 5: Full day in Lalibela. Visit Yimrehane Kirstos church and 2nd group of king Lalibela's Churches. Overnight Hotel
- Day 6: Fly from Lalibela to Axum. Visit Axum stele, Ezana inscription, Axum Tsion Church where the Ark of the Covenant kept. Overnight Hotel
- Day 7: Drive from Axum to Hawzen en route visit Debredamo and Yeha. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 8: Full day visit of Gerealta rock churches. Overnight Hotel
- Day 9: visit some selected rock chuches and drive to Mekele to fly back to Addis Ababa. Overnight Hotel
- Day 10: City tour and shooping in Addis and departure. End of the tour.